Winter's Night Blog

What story down there awaits its end?

Your assignment for this weekend is to write your own modest proposal in the style of Swift's . . . erm, "Modest Proposal." I want sarcasm; I want irony; I want scathing, acerbic wit. It can be about whatever you like; I know you all hate it when I say this, but this should be a personal reflection.
Requirements (essays will be returned to you if not in this format):

  • 500 word minimum, 750 word maximum.
  • Typed, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman, 1 inch margins, header, and a really good title.
  • No obscenities or profanity (we will be sharing them in class).
  • Have fun. Really. Do it.

As always, post your questions for the good of the community.

Print this post

8 Comments

I have been trying to expand my paper but I cannot seem to get it to 500 words. Is it okay if it it only around 275 or around 350?

Can you expand it, or add some background information? Swift begins his essay by setting the stage for his argument, commenting on the disparity between the poor and the wealthy at that time.

I have around 321 words right now. I can try to add some background information and see how much that gets me. I was just wondering if it is not 500 words will you reject/return it?

i have no idea what to write about.

I still have no idea what I should write my proposal on or how I should go about putting it together. I am completely lost when it comes to this assignment. do you have any ideas that would help me think of a topic?

im feel a little rushed on the side project i know we have a week to do the presentation but do you want us to read a novle by then or just some minor details

im feeling a little rushed on the project did you want us to read a whole book by the 5th or did you want minor details

can we e-mail you assignments cause i was going to get more on my paper if i could

Post a Comment

Post a Comment