Winter's Night Blog

What story down there awaits its end?

Hey guys and girls,

Hope your breaks are going well. If you have any last minute questions about your essays, please shoot me an email. The requirements, in case you've forgotten, are as follows:

  • Header (on the left) with your name, my name, the class name, and the date you are going to turn it in
  • Five pages in length with page numbers in the header on the right (Your last name #)
  • Double-spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman
  • Works cited page (Here is an example of how this page should be formatted. If you have questions about individual citations, check the links at the bottom of the OWL page, then email me if you can't find what you need there.)
  • Brilliance and insight
  • If you have not turned in an outline, please do so. I can't give you full credit, as it was due on Friday, but we can work something out.

That's it! Enjoy the rest of your break, I'll see you all on Monday.

[Edit: A few of you were confused about the due date, so just as a reminder, your completed papers are due Monday, January 7.]

[Edit Edit: As always, I am happy to look over your essays for content and style before they are due. Send me an email with your essay attached and I'll make some suggestions. (It would be a good idea to send it before Sunday night, though.]

Print this post

11 Comments

the header for your webpage reminds me of bullet holes in seel.

How do you put in an in-essay citation for a web page? I have the name of the author/publisher guy, but there aren't page numbers in web sites...?

The OWL at Purdue has that information. Go here: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/
owl/resource/557/09/

whats the deal with War of the Worlds?

do we have to read more?

Ahh. Please, always read as far as you'd like, but there is no reading assignment for this break. Just the paper.

can we only turn in our essay on monday? or can we turn it in later for points off?

i looked the the citiation help website you showed us but it was not able to answer one of my questions. How should I cite a quote from a TV show within my paper?

Here you go. Please sign your posts from now on so I know who I'm talking to. http://library.d214.org/citations/
basiccite.htm#tv

Post a Comment

Post a Comment