Winter's Night Blog

What story down there awaits its end?

I just spoke with Borders in Midtown, and they will allow you all to use my educator discount when you purchase a copy of Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point.  I had to cancel my order with B&N, but with our history of weird order times, I'm not too broken up about it.

So.  The order should be in the store by Wednesday, April 2nd (which is the beginning of the discount week).  Stop by, ask for the book at the front counter, ask for the 25% educator's discount, and read to your heart's delight.  If they question your educator status, politely ask to speak with the manager and explain what I've just told you.  There should be no problem.

We will peer review our articles in class on Monday, March 31st, so please bring a completed draft at that time.  We'll work together to improve clarity and structure, and share ideas for catchy titles.  The final draft of Articles are due on Tuesday, April 1st.  We will present them to the class at that time, and pass copies around (possibly via email--that would be a lot of paper) for everyone's enjoyment.

If you are having trouble coming up with a topic, ask during class.  We can all work together to come up with great ideas.

One last thing: We will be wrapping up our discussion of Everything Bad in class tomorrow.  If you have not finished the book, complete as much as you can tonight.  We had a great discussion in class today, but it will be much better if we are all on the same page.

Print this post

8 Comments

Here's that quote that I butchered, by the way. I find it extremely true:


"We are most likely to get angry and excited in our opposition to some idea when we ourselves are not quite certain of our own position, and are inwardly tempted to take the other side."

-Thomas Mann

So, I just sat down to do homework after spending 6 hours alphabetizing action dvds, and I cant remember when everything is due for your classes stallings. I know I need two articles, one for the magazine and one for...some other reason, but I'm working on other homework too and wanted to prioritize, are any of them due Tuesday?

One article for nonfiction, one for AP. You can do a reaction if you don't want to write an original this time. The Nonfiction one is due Monday, AP is due Tuesday.

The nonfiction is for the magazine, correct? Because I was going write about the whole zombie awareness thing. Im also just kind of confused about that whole thing, since this is a nonfiction class, I assumed that I needed to write non-fiction, but when I brought up the zombie thing in class you OK-ed it.

It's a serious issue. Spread the word.

Will do comrade! I'll even post the polesaw I made on microsoft paint in my piece

this is not connected.. but i think you should put links to all the blogs. because they are too similar and too different and i cant remember them all even if i'm lucky enough to remember one. its killing me. i have no idea what AP's blog is. or even this one. the weird this is that i know the fiction blog and i dont have that class. please help, sir.

Good point, Anna. I have the other two blogs linked here, but this one is out of the loop. Consider it done.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment