Winter's Night Blog

What story down there awaits its end?

These links have been bouncing around my bookmark folders for a while, so I thought I'd share.

  • Game Explanations for Beginners via Popmatters is a cool overview of the basics and history of gameplay.  The author gets a bit philosophical towards the end, and his jokes are aimed at established gamers, so I'm not sure who his audience is...
  • Samorost 2 is an odd amalgam of adventure and puzzle genres.  The game isn't difficult, but the art is amazing.  (After a quick Google search and 30 minutes of play I bring you Samorost [the Original].  Also cool.)
  • Reading's good, too!
  • I am not an avid gameplayer, but I was completely blown away by World of Goo.  The same author wrote the story, created the art, composed the music, and designed the program.  Great design tour here.
  • More to come as I dig.

Print this post

No Comment

Post a Comment

Post a Comment